Friday, October 21, 2011

A Little Oilcloth Fabric Project

Breathe new life into boring toddler chairs or, in my case, bring your toddler chairs back to life...
Funny, we don't have a dog even though this looks like it was attacked by one...nope just two boys.

With a Halloween birthday party approaching, I thought these little chairs could use a facelift.  Also because I have an abundance of fabulous oilcloth fabric.  I bought it dirt cheap on www.fabric.com.  Just put "oilcloth" in the search box.
This little chair project was quick and easy.  All you need is the oilcloth fabric, phillips head screwdriver, scissors and a staple gun.

Unscrew and remove the top padding from the chair.
 Cut out fabric needed.
 You don't need much of an edge.
 Pull it tight and staple all around.
 Sean wanted to "help"
 Silly Seaney!
Now for the seat.  Flip the chair over and unscrew the seat cushion.
Flip the cushion over, lay it on the fabric and just eyeball how much you will need and cut.
Again you don't need much of an edge, maybe like a an inch.  Pull tight and staple all around.
 Pull the corners in a trianguler fashion and staple.

 And there you have it...just like new!
 Aren't they cute?  Sort of a mini-version of my dining room chairs.  My dining room chairs were done with a laminated fabric.  For these little chairs I used a true oilcloth - thick and sturdy.  But I think you could use  either for this project.  

1 comment:

Loopy said...

Very cute. You're so crafty!