Friday, January 20, 2012

A Very Muppet Birthday Theme


My son Nolan's latest obsession is The Muppets!  I mean really, who doesn't love the Muppets?!  So of course I took this theme and ran with it for his 6th birthday party.

The party stores don't seem to share our love for the Muppets, so with a little creativity and some help from the Disney website, Michael'sTarget and Avery, we made our own invitations, buttons, decorations and CDs.

I downloaded a Muppet invitation from the Disney website.  Animal is one of Nolan's favorite Muppets, so we decided to send an Animal invitation.  I used "snag it" on my computer so that I could capture just the Animal invitation and then type the birthday info right on it.  I then printed them on heavy cardstock paper and cut them on my paper cutter.
Nolan and I found some Muppet posters at Michael's for $6.99.  He was thrilled because I told him he could put them in his bedroom after the party.

We also found these "make your own button" thingys at Michael's.
I found some Muppet pictures, by Googling "Muppet pictures" (duh).  I went to Avery.com downloaded a template.  I filled the template with my various Muppet pictures.
 Popped the buttons open and used this circle as a guide. 
 I cut out my Miss Piggy circle...
 placed Miss Piggy in the circle...
And popped the back of the button back on.  Nolan is demonstrating here:
...and then repeat 25 times until you can't feel your fingers.

We had bought The Muppets Movie soundtrack on iTunes.  My kids love it so much, I thought what a great party favor.  I bought blank CDs and a CD/DVD Label Maker Kit at Target.  
I burned some of the songs from the soundtrack and then found a few other funny Muppet songs...for example, The Muppets singing Bohemian Rhapsody!  Check it out on YouTube, it's hilarious! 
The burning of the CDs, although time-consuming, wasn't the toughest part.  It was the CD labels.  I designed the label, which was the fun part (Disco Animal), but then trying to get it to line up and my printer to cooperate was the--pour yourself another glass of wine--part.  But I finally got it to work!
The CD/DVD Label Maker Kit comes with software and these labels.
 After you have designed and printed your label you use this little device to attach the label to the CD.
 Carefully peel off the label...
 Place it on the device sticky side up.
 ...and then place the CD shiny side up and press.
Ta-da!
If you want to go ALL out you can design CD cases.  The kit has all the stuff for that as well.  Maybe next time (see note below).  Instead I used colorful CD envelopes.
Note:  if you are going to attempt to do this, give yourself a lot of time...like a few weeks before the party, not two days before the party.  Yes, I got this bright idea two days before the party and was determined to figure it all out, which meant staying up until 2AM.  But who needs sleep, right? Oh and another tip, buy extra CD/DVD labels, so you don't have to make several trips to Target within a 24-hour period and look like a crazy person.  They also sell the labels at OfficeMax.

My final Muppet party project was Muppet cupcake toppers.  I used another  Avery template to print out little Muppet pictures and then cut them out. 
I used toothpicks and tape to secure them...and then I bought (nut-free) cupcakes at the bakery!  In all my creative wisdom there was no time for baking.
Nolan made these "favor bags"  
Yes, he used all my Ziploc bags and staples, but it keep him busy for hours while I got the house ready for the party.  
He also printed out some pictures, and also drew some pictures for decorations...
These are is my favorites LOL!
The party was a success :)

Party pictures to follow...


Helpful hint:  if you click on anything highlighted in red, it links to a websites or products I used for these projects :)










18 comments:

Sister Cousin OX said...

WOW!!! I Love your creativity, just like mine.All of the ideas are great!!! Cant wait to see the pics. Do you get as excited as I do when "creating" for parties? I don't mind staying up late because I get so into it and cant stop until my project is done. I am currently planning a Zebra and Purple Sweet 16 Party for my Goddaughter. Trying to keep it very budget friendly for my girlfriend. I will be learning all about balloon arches soon and am in the middle of making a zebra cupcake stand that holds 100 cupcakes. YAY!! Any inexpensive ideas for me? It's at a Hall. OXOX

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this website's posts every day along with a mug of coffee.

Take a look at my weblog ... http://mascultura.pe/

Anonymous said...

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

My weblog :: http://dolphin.ua.edu.ph/JasminCul

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog by means of Google whilst searching
for a similar matter, your site came up, it seems good.
I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog via Google, and found that it's really
informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful
when you continue this in future. A lot of folks can be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!

My site akribos for women

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the
same topics? Thanks for your time!

Feel free to surf to my web-site: men's armitron watches

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!

Check out my web site: Women's relic watches

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say regarding this paragraph,
in my view its really awesome for me.

Here is my webpage ... Lendering.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance
from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating
my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

Feel free to visit my web blog internet marketing online advertising

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to
be on the web the easiest factor to be mindful of.

I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst other folks think
about worries that they just do not know about. You managed
to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as defined out the entire thing with no need side
effect , other people can take a signal. Will probably be again
to get more. Thank you

Here is my homepage ... radio control hobbies

Anonymous said...

If you want to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this website and be updated with the newest news posted here.



My web page ... seo articles

Anonymous said...

It's awesome in support of me to have a web site, which is beneficial in favor of my knowledge. thanks admin

Also visit my site :: remote control planes

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I stopped up here, however I
believed this post used to be good. I do not realize who you might be but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger for those who aren't already. Cheers!

Also visit my web page :: moodle.clackesd.k12.or.us

Anonymous said...

It's very straightforward to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this website.

My site: http://presentations.ala.org/index.php?title=User:FloraE17

Anonymous said...

Hi there very nice web site!! Guy .. Beautiful
.. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I'm happy to find a lot of helpful info right here in the submit, we'd like develop extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

my site - www.bbsgames.org

ninest123 said...

nike outlet, louboutin, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, prada handbags, air max, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike air max, chanel handbags, michael kors, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, replica watches, longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, tiffany jewelry, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, ralph lauren pas cher

ninest123 said...

lululemon, nike air max, michael kors outlet, michael kors, new balance pas cher, mulberry, nike free run uk, michael kors, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet online, hollister, air force, michael kors outlet, coach purses, sac guess, coach outlet, hermes, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hogan, north face, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, ugg boots, nike air max, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, vanessa bruno, coach outlet, true religion jeans, tn pas cher, burberry, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, michael kors outlet, timberland, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, replica handbags, nike roshe, nike blazer, ray ban uk, north face, ray ban pas cher, nike air max, oakley pas cher, michael kors, ugg boots

ninest123 said...

giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, insanity workout, iphone 6 plus cases, ghd, nike air max, iphone 5s cases, new balance, chi flat iron, vans shoes, baseball bats, birkin bag, abercrombie and fitch, iphone 6 cases, beats by dre, iphone 6s plus cases, mont blanc, louboutin, ferragamo shoes, hollister, celine handbags, hollister, longchamp, reebok shoes, soccer jerseys, nike huarache, valentino shoes, lululemon, mcm handbags, p90x workout, soccer shoes, instyler, bottega veneta, timberland boots, iphone cases, north face outlet, oakley, nike trainers, asics running shoes, nike roshe, north face outlet, ralph lauren, herve leger, babyliss, hollister, ipad cases, s5 cases, jimmy choo shoes, nfl jerseys, mac cosmetics, nike air max, iphone 6s cases

ninest123 said...

swarovski crystal, hollister, pandora charms, converse outlet, canada goose, converse, toms shoes, barbour jackets, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, moncler, karen millen, gucci, moncler, moncler, barbour, replica watches, pandora charms, lancel, moncler, swarovski, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, ugg pas cher, bottes ugg, moncler outlet, wedding dresses, vans, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, links of london, moncler, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, marc jacobs, canada goose, ray ban, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet, doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, canada goose