Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Date Night at Sintra

The kids were staying at Nana and Papa's on Saturday night.  To celebrate (just kidding) my husband and I went out for a very nice dinner.

We went to Sintra, right in our hometown of Braintree.  We had been here a few years ago and I remember the food was really good.  Every time I drive by I think, oh, we should go back there...and then I think of 20 other things I forget about it.
You definitely need a reservation for a Saturday night at this place.  Being that this was a last minute decision, we sat at the bar until a bar table opened up.  It is very cozy and romantic atmosphere.  I did sneak a few pictures but I couldn't use a flash (or Mike would die of embarrassment) so they are not the greatest.

We were seated in a nice little corner bar table and served fresh, right out of the oven bread with a hummus spread...yum!
We ordered an appetizer - "potato and chorizo spring rolls with romesco sauce"...O.M.G. delicious!  It was like a mashed potato with little bits of chorizo (a spicy sausage), wrapped in a spring roll...so different, so good.  Oh and I'm not sure what romesco sauce is but whatever it is, it's wicked good (can you hear my Boston accent).
For dinner we both got "beef shortrib canneloni with aspargus, tomato puree and shaved parmesan"...to die for.  Amazing short rib, wrapped in pasta...total comfort food.
Oh my God these pictures are so bad, sorry!  Click here for some pictures from Sintra's website
The restaurant was very busy and even though we sat in the bar area, the service was still excellent.
The dessert menu looked really interesting too, but we were so full of wine and food it was ridiculous.  We went home and both fell asleep on the couch...pathetic!

Anyway, I highly recommend Sintra.  Great for a date night, girl's night dinner (I am definitely bringing the girls here), special occasion or even just a drink at the bar.  We tend to go in town (Boston) for nice dinners like this...we realized we can just go to Braintree Square - 906 Washington Street to be exact.


I did not receive anything, and was not paid for this "review"...it's just lil' ol' me sharing my opinion of good food and a lovely experience.

No comments: